Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Jones Family Chart

Back in the mid-1980s I did some research on my Jones ancestors...those of you who've researched family roots can appreciate that when I hit my great-grandfather, John Leonard Jones, Jr, I was done. The problem is not finding John Jones, it's that there are so many John Joneses that you don't know which one is the right one!
Anyway, I recently did an update of the family chart. I don't have it complete by any means, since some of my cousins now have great-grandchildren. But I'm working on it. If I can figure out how to post a multi-page pdf on my blog, I'll put up my results.
In the meantime, there are at least 114 direct descendants of my grandfather M.D. Jones, of whom an even 100 are still living. My Dad is the only one of his generation still living, and one brother-in-law, Wade Martin, plus my Mom, are the only spouses of his generation still living.
I know that there are more family members for whom I don't have names, birthdates, etc. so watch for an update!

No comments: