Monday, March 23, 2009

April Fool's roof

Some of you know that I'm trying to finish building a combination woodworking shop/storage building down in the woods behind my house. It all started about a year ago when I got a real deal on some 3/4" plywood from Matthew's neighbor.
After quite a bit of work, I now have the four walls completed all but the plywood on the framing over the door openings, and some other minor small plywood 'patches' where walls join, so I'm hoping to get some help from some friends and get the roof trusses that are now stacked in the yard installed, the roof decking bought and installed, and shingles in place. My target date is to get the trusses up by April Fools' Day and the decking/shingles in by the next weekend.
The building is 12'x20' with 10' high walls inside, so it's going to give me a good bit of room. Hopefully enough storage that I can dispense with one of the storage units I have rented right now. That saved monthly rent will pay for the cost of my materials for the building in a year or so!
I've been trying to download pix from my new phone, but haven't managed to do so yet. When I do, I'll have an album of pictures of the building to show everyone.

No comments: