Thursday, December 31, 2009

Waterproof roof

Well, my Christmas present was permission to hire a carpenter to get the 'tin' on my building roof, and it's done now. I'll try to put up a picture soon. I'm really excited to have the building 'done'--now I only lack these things... (all upgrades! So I don't have to 'permit' the building)
*finish the floor over the subfloor
*put in insulation in the walls
*build shelves for the Christmas decorations
*put screens in the vents at the top of the walls
*put in overhead insulation and some kind of ceiling
*rip 4" boards down to 2" boards and install on the outside to simulate 'board & batten'
*spray paint the outside
*run power to the building
*install a breaker box
*run interior lights and other wiring
*put in two more treated posts
*build the deck on the back under the porch
*reinforce a beam, install Debbie's 'ancestral' swing under the porch
*put in some kind of walls inside--including lots of perf-board
*paint the interior if needed
*install the woodburning stove as heat, run all the venting for it
So it looks like a full spring. But I can at least do it in the dry!

No comments: