Monday, December 7, 2009

Skype rocks!

I think of myself as being somewhat "up" on technology. I write this blog, I use Facebook, and of course I use e-mail daily and do my sermons with PowerPoint notes...but I'd never got around to using something called Skype.

The other night, we finally got around to installing the software on Debbie's laptop computer. Our son Nathan in TX helped us get everything configured right. It was wonderfully strange to be talking to him, and see him and the background of his living room in Karnes City.

The next night, we called early enough to 'visit' with our granddaughter Brenna. We carried the computer into the living room so she could see our Christmas tree...she kept asking her Dad where we were...I guess she doesn't get the concept completely quite yet.

Lots of people ask "Where's my George Jetson flying car?" but I'm glad to finally have this version of a videophone!

For those of you with Skype already installed, I will publish our 'address' in the future. Don't remember it right now! (One of the disadvantages of the new technology--remembering your various electronic identities and passwords.)

No comments: