Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Freaky things on my birthday...

I went to the History Channel today and looked at 'this day in history'--some strange stuff happened on April 29th:
>Hitler and Eva Braun married in 1945 (and killed themselves the next day). US soldiers liberated Dachau the same day--one of my old Sunday School teachers was with the 101st Airborne who liberated one of the camps, and who invaded Bertesgarden, Bavaria--Hitler's 'Eagle's nest'
>>Joan of Arc came to the relief of Orleans
>>>New Orleans fell to Union forces during 'the late unpleasantness'
>>>>1951, Dale Earnhart was born. Different years, Emperor Hirohito and poet Rod McKuen were born
>>>>>1974 Nixon released the tapes that brought him down
>>>>>>First joint US/Russia spacewalk (1990s I think)
Found out that on the day I was born, some congressman in Washington dropped dead in his office.
Like I said, freaky stuff!

No comments: