Monday, September 15, 2008

Great weekend with Brenna

Debbie and I got to have Brenna, our 29-month old granddaughter, for a visit this weekend, without her parents. We were a little worried that she might not react well to being away from both parents, but she did great!

This photo is her being silly (well, so was I.) We were dropping her off at the Neals' home in Comer, where her mom Kayla is staying this week to help with the Neals' baby Elijah. I asked her if she wanted to 'ride high'--that's what her dad calls being ridden on his shoulders.

The other day, she asked to 'ride high' as we were leaving the grocery store, and Debbie had to explain what she meant. But tonight, she wouldn't get onto my shoulders when I lifted her up. She put both legs on top of my head. Then she tried to slide down my back, which is when Debbie snapped this photo.

But the dismount was a graceful full forward somersault, so all ended well. More photos later!

No comments: