Friday, September 25, 2009

A Rare Dry Day--Painting!

Can't believe I'm still trying to get the final parts of the roof on my workshop! But at least today we had a break from the constant rain...I managed to get a coat of paint on all the other metal for the roof! So I'm not too far from having all the "Sanford and Son" (Debbie's term) out from under the carport.

We also had to do some involuntary remodeling in my bathroom...Debbie was cleaning last week and found cracks in the blue toilet. So it was off to Home Depot to get an AlGore toilet (you know, the kind that supposedly flushes with a cup of tears from blathering treehuggers?) So far, so good...but I don't know if the good flush carries through with the "stuff" getting all the way out to the septic tank. We'll see.

Now if I could only get the new kitchen exterior door up, finish installing the shed roof, insulate the building, dig a trench for wiring (and find the $$ for the heavy-duty wiring needed to run power to the shed), get my friend from church to help me wire the building, install the lights, etc. etc. etc.

And this doesn't include the "honey-do" list!

No comments: